Thursday 24 February 2011

Soho

Soho Restaurant   309-7 Street S.

Another little restaurant hiding from most people. Located on the east side of 7th street just down from Dougs Sports. There's a little plug for Dave. It was a little cold today so we were anxious to get in where it was warm. Not a large restaurant, maybe 6 or 8 tables. The menu appeared to be mostly asian food but we were interested in the lunch special. Your choice of 3 options for $9.50 including a drink. Very reasonable. I had the sweet & sour chicken but couldn't decide whether I wanted rice with it or chow mien, so the server offered to bring both. I was very happy with that. We didn't wait too long and the food came out piping hot so we knew it was made fresh. I am used to chow mien that is mostly vegetables, but this was a noodle dish. I was a little surprised but very pleased when I tasted it. The flavors were all good, the food was hot and fast, and it was all for under $10. I went back to the office full.  "J"

                         
                                     
Ya, Soho was good, I found it a really good lunch special. Most places in Lethbridge don't include a drink but Soho does. $9.50, good price. I had the rice vermicelli noodles with grilled pork and a spring roll. The spring roll was kinda nast, tasted more like an egg roll. The noodles were not quite as soft as they could have been. The pork tasted good. Was it the best Vietnamese lunch I've had? No. The Price was right and I was full. I wished I had tried something else on the menu because I've had this same type of thing before at other places in town. SoHo I give you a 4.5 out of 10. However, that's not to say I won't be back because I want to try the Pho.  "M"

No comments:

Post a Comment